July 20, 2008

Mini Tri

So, Yesterday I did my first triathlon with my granddaughter, Taygan. We swam and biked. We got out of the pool and was headed for the bikes and SNAP something in the back of my knee went. I just thougth keep moving and everything would be okay. We got on the bikes and went 1 mile and then started the run and I thought again just keep moving but I just couldn't do it, so Cody had to finish the running part. Taygan finished in 16 minutes and was awarded 1st place in her division.

Conner did the swim all by himself. He sure looked liked a swimmer with his swim trunks. Mindy did the biking and running with him. He was he youngest in his division. He finished in 30 minutes. I am so proud of these two kids. They are always willing to try anything. Way to go kids. Thanks for letting Grandma Vicki be part of the first TRI.

Transition from swim and bike. About here is where I felt the SNAP in my knee. Tanner was always there to cheer us on.



And we're off!

Tay coming across the finish line. She really needs a bigger bike.

Tanner was asking Grandma can I go too?
Tay finishing strong

Hugs from G-ma Kathy
Conner coming across the bike finish





Conner really did finish strong

My legs feel like JELLO



My little peep sqeeeks, aren't they cute! Gotta love the smiles after their first TRI


COOOOL a medal.
Proud as puddin'

No comments: