September 10, 2010

FIRE in the Cans

We had a little bit of excitement on Sunday at the reunion. I am sitting where I could see the garbage cans and I notice that there is some smoke coming from behind the cans. I thought that maybe someone was grilling , but when flames started coming out of the cans I say to Cody (who is a volunteer fireman in Logan), I think we have a problem. He grabbed the fire extingusher from the trailer. So Con and Cody ran to put it out, but it needed a little bit more stuff on it, so Con called 911 and reported the problem. Didn't get a picture of the fire truck.
We think that someone put hot briquettes into the cans. STUPID!

The grandkids and Aunt Kona watching Cody and Grandpa in action with the fire.

1 comment:

Norton's said...

I can still remember the kids telling us about this event that took place at Cherry Hill. They were so dramatic. It was so funny! Thank goodness for the fireman in the family!